Voices Found for Tuesday in Holy Week, WLWC YearC, VF 69, 92
Voices Found # 69
We praise you, Lord, for Jesus Christ
who died and rose again;
he lives to break the power of sin,
and over death to reign.
We praise you, Lord, for Jesus Christ;
he loves this child we bring:
he frees, forgives, and heals us all,
he lives and reigns as King.
Words: Judith Beatrice O'Neill
Music: Marsh Chapel, Max B. Miller
Judith Beatrice O'Neill is an Australian hymnist who is published in hymnals of multiple Christian denominations. She wrote this piece to sing at Baptism, for which it is is most appropriate. However, the Scriptural texts appointed for Holy Tuesday in WLWC emphasize Jesus's love of and respect for all children, rowdy as they might be, even in the Temple. O'Neill's hymn could be sung during Holy Week as a reminder of our Baptismal covenant and our renewal in Christ.
And they came to him in the temple, those who were blind and disabled, and he cured them. Now when the chief priests and the religious scholars saw the amazing things that he did, and heard the girls and boys crying out in the temple, "Hosanna to the Son of David," they became angry. They said to him, "Do you hear what they are saying?" Jesus said to them, "yes; have you never read,
"Out of the mouths of infants and nursing babies
you have prepared praise for yourself?" (from Psalm 8:2)
He left them, and went out of the city to Bethany, and spent the night there. Matthew 21: 14-17, tr. Gafney
Meditation: Voices Found # 92
I am the God that healeth thee.
I am the God that healeth thee.
I am the God that healeth thee.
Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am God.
In thee, O God, do I put my trust.
In thee, O God, do I put my trust.
In thee, O God, do I put my trust.
Words and Music: Ana Hernandez


Comments
Post a Comment